Safe, supportive video/phone/in-person therapy for individuals, teens and couples to untangle deeply rooted patterns causing difficulty in your life.
Relationships can be so hard including our relationship with ourselves and even our past. If you’re suffering with negative self-talk, loneliness, overwhelming worry, confusion on your life’s purpose or relationship issues and would like to feel life yourself again and experience relationships that lift you up, I can help.
I’m a Holistic Psychotherapist, Coach and Yoga Teacher offering adults, teens and couples the safe space and skills to transform overwhelming negative thoughts and emotions into peace of mind, connection and confidence. It’s my mission to help people deepen self-awareness, increase self-confidence and grow in their capacity to care for themselves and others in an authentic, life-giving way.
My own path of illness and wellness as brought me to the understanding that:
- It’s our birthright to feel good in our own skin, even though the human experience is inevitably painful. The Buddha said, “Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.” I wholeheartedly believe we have the capacity to love life no matter the ups and downs — we just have to tap into it!
- The mind, body and spirit have the innate power to heal and all three are transformed by healing relationships – your relationship to yourself, your loved ones, your past and Life itself. If you’re experiencing painful anxiety, depression, PTSD, grief, low self-esteem or relationship breakdown blocking your health, love and potential, it’s important to embrace:
- It’s natural to get stuck.
- It’s possible to break through with new awareness, ways of being and practical strategies.
The work I do is humanistic and attachment-based. I believe you and I believe in you. I choose not to focus on pathology or dysfunction, but rather on normalizing your experience and helping you regulate any emotional or behavioral functioning causing you pain and disconnection.
For over a decade, I’ve been studying child/human development, psychology, social work, yoga and mindfulness. For me, guiding others to be more empowered and develop genuine self-love is critical for creating a more peaceful, powerful and sustainable world. Global peace starts with inner peace because the world is simply a collection of individuals. Therefore, I am also dedicated to my own well-being and do the best I can to be a stable source of safety for my clients. I care deeply about embracing life’s ups and downs so that life itself can reveal how extraordinary it is and always has been.
If you’re looking for a whole-person, heart-centered approach to therapy, please reach out. I’m employed by Life Compass Counseling in Davis. We offer free 30-minute consultations to prospective clients. Sessions can be conducted virtual/phone/in-person.
- License and State: 89638 California
- Supervisor: Lee Ockenden
- Supervisor License: 38216 California