I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker offering supportive psychotherapy to individuals and couples in Midtown Sacramento. I obtained my Masters in Social Work from Smith College School for Social Work and have working in the field for over 8 years.
I am experienced in working with the challenges of depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, relationship issues, and the stressors of everyday life. As a therapist, I am particularly drawn to the experience and concept of being in transition. This could be the transition of a career change, an aspect of your personal identity, a changing relationship, or possibly a loss in your life that requires you to grieve, make adjustments, and figure out a way to move forward.
In addition to the aforementioned areas of practice, I specialize in:
- Issues of concern to LGBTQ+ folks;
- Young adults transitioning into adulthood;
- Relationship stressors;
- Adults of all ages dealing with a serious physical or mental illness (including family members and caregivers);
- Living with a serious illness;
- Considerations related to approaching the end of our lives;
- Grief, loss, bereavement;
- Finding meaning and joy in our lives.
Life is a series of changes, adjustments, adaptations, and integration of new experiences. Having support during major transitions can help us adjust to change and move forward with acceptance, purpose, and joy. I would be happy to talk with you about how therapy might help you as you address the ebb and flow of your own life!