If you are struggling with non-stop worry, constantly feeling on edge, difficulty concentrating, or sleepless nights I can help you learn the tools to take your life back from your anxiety. I especially enjoy helping young adults navigate the challenges of school, work, and “adulting.”
I discovered my passion for helping individuals with anxiety early in my career as a therapist. I was later fortunate enough to be able to work and receive training at a clinic that specializes in treating anxiety in its various forms. I understand how destructive anxiety can be and I love to see the success of the clients that I work with in overcoming their fears and taking back their lives. I have training and experience in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), which have been found to be the most effective forms of treatment for anxiety disorders. Based on your individual needs, I combine these therapeutic techniques with aspects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Solutions-Focused Therapy, as well as other various therapy styles.
A few of my beliefs about therapy:
– None of us can get through life without help. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t take a lot of courage to ask!
– Confidentiality is the cornerstone of therapy. I strive to provide a space where you can feel safe to talk about things that might feel sensitive, embarrassing, or overwhelming.
– Therapy is an individualized and collaborative process in which you and your therapist work together to find what works best for you.
– There are no magic wands or quick fixes. You will get out of your therapy what you are able to put into your therapy.
– With the right tools and support, you have the power to make positive change in your life. Overcoming anxiety means being able to truly be yourself and enjoy your life!