Codependency is characterized by a person’s emotional well being and stability being dependent upon that of another/others. Those who are codependent often experience excessive guilt and shame in regards to perceived failings or thoughts of being burdensome to others. Codependency can come in various different forms and tends to look slightly different between people, but in general it has everything to do with a person’s sense of self worth being tied to others. Codependency is often the result of being a parentified child, gaslighting, being raised in a shame based environment and/or growing up around addiction.
530 Plaza Drive, Suite 130, Folsom, CA, USA
9008 Elk Grove Boulevard suite 11, Elk Grove, CA, USA
8801 Folsom Boulevard, Suite 265, Sacramento, CA, USA
25 Cadillac Drive, Suite 103, Sacramento, CA, USA
- Individual Therapist, Teen Girl's Group Leader, and Parent Coach
2130 Professional Drive, Roseville, CA, USA
1528 Eureka Road, Roseville, CA, USA
An open minded therapist
- Community Agency non-profit with Sliding Scale available offering counseling services
5701 Lonetree Boulevard, Ste. 210 Rocklin, CA, USA
6060 Sunrise Vista Drive, Citrus Heights, CA, USA
720 Alhambra Boulevard, Sacramento, CA, USA
5701 Lonetree Boulevard, Rocklin, CA, USA
650 Howe Avenue, Sacramento, CA, USA
- The modalities I bring to clients are: Imago Relationship Therapy, EMDR and Mindfulness.
1680 Stone Canyon Drive, Roseville, CA, USA
8841 Williamson Drive, Suite 40 Elk Grove, CA, USA
Specializing in Trauma
- My practice comes from 26 years of counseling adults, children, and teens who have been affected by trauma. LGBTQ experienced.
701 High Street, Suite 228, Auburn, CA, USA
4227 Sunrise Boulevard #210, Fair Oaks, CA, USA
1809 19th Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
2001 N Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
2620 J Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
327 College Avenue, Woodland, CA, USA
Licensed therapist with extensive adjunct training in the application of Dialectical Behavior Therapy. We offer a complete DBT program, including individual therapy, skills training, and telephone skills coaching, as modeled by the founder of DBT, Marsha Linehan.
- DBT is unique from other therapies, and it offers some strategies and techniques that are not included in other therapy modalities.
9008 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA, USA
Recent Posts From Codependency