Codependency is characterized by a person’s emotional well being and stability being dependent upon that of another/others. Those who are codependent often experience excessive guilt and shame in regards to perceived failings or thoughts of being burdensome to others. Codependency can come in various different forms and tends to look slightly different between people, but in general it has everything to do with a person’s sense of self worth being tied to others. Codependency is often the result of being a parentified child, gaslighting, being raised in a shame based environment and/or growing up around addiction.
530 Plaza Drive, Suite 130, Folsom, CA, USA
8801 Folsom Boulevard, Suite 265, Sacramento, CA, USA
708 Alhambra Boulevard, Sacramento, CA, USA
- The modalities I bring to clients are: Imago Relationship Therapy, EMDR and Mindfulness.
1680 Stone Canyon Drive, Roseville, CA, USA
5701 Lonetree Boulevard, Rocklin, CA, USA
2627 Capitol Avenue, Sacramento, CA, USA
5025 J Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
8841 Williamson Drive, Suite 40 Elk Grove, CA, USA
1722 Professional Drive, Sacramento, CA, USA
- Specializing in helping individuals, teens, and caregivers with anxiety and stress
2001 N Street, suite 220, Sacramento, CA, USA
1528 Eureka Road, suite 101, Roseville, CA, USA
1809 19th Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
An open minded therapist
- Community Agency non-profit with Sliding Scale available offering counseling services
5701 Lonetree Boulevard, Ste. 210 Rocklin, CA, USA
327 College Avenue, Woodland, CA, USA
- Specialties: substance abuse, depression, anxiety, panic attack, relationship issues, positive parenting, spiritual crisis
1721 25th Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
2023 N Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
1192 Suncast Lane, El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
5701 Lonetree Boulevard, suite 210, Rocklin, CA, USA
Licensed therapist with extensive adjunct training in the application of Dialectical Behavior Therapy. We offer a complete DBT program, including individual therapy, skills training, and telephone skills coaching, as modeled by the founder of DBT, Marsha Linehan.
- DBT is unique from other therapies, and it offers some strategies and techniques that are not included in other therapy modalities.
9008 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove, CA, USA
Recent Posts From Codependency